Yohannes Kidane Ogubamichaelstudent
At Global Change Ecology until 12/2013
M.Sc.: Global Change Ecology (M.Sc.) within the elite net work of Bavaria. University of Bayreuth, Germany
B.Sc.: Bachelor of Science in Biology, University of Asmara, Asmara, Eritrea.
B.Sc. Thesis: “The Environmental Impacts of Refugee Resettlement and Rehabilitation in Eritrea: The Alebu Case Study” June 1996.
February 25 to April 15, 2008: Helmholtz Zentrum Für Umweltforschung – UFZ Division of Biodiversity and terrestrial ecosystems, Department of Conservation Biology“ Natureschutz Forschung" Leipzig, Germany.
Fellowships and honorary:
- Max-Weber program, within the elite network of Bavaria, since October 2007.
- African Good Governance Network (AGGN-DAAD) since February 2008.
Recently attended Conferences:
- 26th to 30th May 2008: COP 9 Bonn, Germany. The Ninth Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity held at world conference centre, Hotel Maritim Bonn.
- May 12th to May 17th 2008: VAD and SGAS „Vereinigung der Afrikawissenschaftler in Deutschland” und „Schweizer Gesellschaft für Afrikastudien“ annual conference held under the theme “ Frontiers and Passages” at the Universities of Freiburg and Basel.
- 22nd of February 2008: Klimaforschungskongress by the state of Bavaria in Munich, Germany
- 18th -19th April 2008: The role of religion in environmental Governance; 2008 Freiburg Forum on Environmental Governance, Freiburg.
- 6th November 2007: „Anpassung an den Klimawandel in Deutschland: Strategien der Anpassung“ Bundesumweltamt,Dessau.
Areas of interest:
Biodiversity, Disturbance Ecology, and Climate Change and the relevant emerging new trends of Social, Political and Economic Challenges.
I am more than happy to be contacted regarding the study program and relevant issues.