Welcome at the
4th International Hydrogeosphere User Conference
6th to 8th of March 2017
University of Bayreuth, Germany
Tackling problems of water quantity and quality increasingly requires the simulation and quantification of complex flow and transport processes in coupled surface-subsurface systems. Over the last 15 years a range of numerical codes such as Hydrogeosphere (HGS), OpenGeosys (OGS), Parflow and others have become available to address those types of problems. Building upon a series of previous HGS user conferences in Liège, Hannover and Neuchatel, the fourth conference in this series will be held at the University of Bayreuth, Germany from the 6th – 8th of March 2017. The conference is entitled “Hydrogeosphere & More: Fully Integrated Simulation of Coupled Surface/Subsurface Flow and Transport Processes” and focuses on the latest research and developments in fully integrated simulation of hydrosystems from the HGS user community and beyond.
The objectives of the meeting are to:
- Learn about the latest research and developments in the field of fully integrated
- Meet with the HGS developers, and get informed on the latest changes and future directions
- Present research activities related to HGS and other fully integrated models
- Exchange ideas and coordinate future research activities
- Increase communication between users and developers of integrated models
As part of the conference a one day workshop on the use of HGS for fully integrated simulation will be held.
- EXTENDED Deadline for submission of contributions: Jan 31, 2017 -