Andrea Carminati: Curriculum Vitae
- 1977: Born in Vaprio D’Adda, Mi, Italy (July 26th)
- 1983-1988: Primary School, Capriate San Gervasio, Bg, Italy
- 1988-1991: Secondary School, Capriate San Gervasio, Bg, Italy
- 1991-1996: High School, Liceo Scientifico Statale Filippo Lussana, Bergamo, Italy
- 1996-2002: Universita’ Statale degli Studi di Milano, Italy. Degree in Physics. Thesis: Calibration of a model of the groundwater flow in the province of Milan. Advisor Prof. G. Ponzini.
- 2003-2006: Doctoral student in the Soil Physics Group, Institute of Terrestrial Ecosystems (ITES), ETH Zürich, Switzerland. Thesis: Unsaturated water flow through soil aggregates. Advisor Prof. H. Flühler.
- 2007-2011: Post doctoral researcher in the Hydrogeology department of the Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research - UFZ, Leipzig, Germany. Research in the context of the project “Non-invasive imaging of the water dynamics in a soil plant groundwater system (WATER WATCH)”.
- 2011-2017: Junior Professor of Soil Hydrology, Georg-August-Universität Göttingen, Germany.
- 3/2017-10/2020: Professor of Soil Physics, Universität Bayreuth, Germany.
- 11/2020: Professor of Physics of Soils and Terrestrial Ecosystems, ETH Zürich, Switzerland.