Johannes LüersResearcher in Charge
Room: GEO II, Raum 111
University of Bayreuth, Micrometeorology Group
Consultation-hour: please ask for an appointment
- MiSKOR "Minderung Städtischer Klima- und OzonRisiken"
"Mitigation of urban climate and ozone risks"
Part of the joint project "Climate change and health (Klimawandel und Gesundheit) commissioned by the Bavarian State Office for Health and Food Safety (Bayerischen Landesamts für Gesundheit und Lebensmittelsicherheit). The goal is to attain a better understanding of the relevant causes and processes to acquire applicable aids and new possibilities for improving urban planning. We intend to give suggestions how to reduce the negative consequences to human health caused by climate change in combination with the urban heat island effect and high troposheric ozone pollution in a middle-sized city like Bayreuth and comparable cities in Northern Bavaria.
- Climatology and climate change - Region Oberfranken
- homogenization of the Bayreuth long-term climate record (since 1851)
- change of concentration of air pollutants (SO2, O3, NOx)
- climatological analysis, climate and weather statistics, trends (Northern Bavaria)
- scientific supervision of the meteorological observation sites
- Energy and matter exchange
- Post-Processing of atmospheric fluxes and meteorological basic data
- Multi-Step Error Filter (outlier detection, Quality Control)
- Methods and concepts to fill data gaps (Gap-Filling)
>> Theses supervised
>> Courses taught