Carl Beierkuhnlein: Curriculum Vitae
Since 2002 Professor of the chair of Biogeography at the University of Bayreuth.
2007 - 2009 university counsil of the University Bayreuth
October 2005 - September 2007 dean of the department of biology, chemistry and geoscience.
2000 - 2002 Full professor for "Landscape Ecology" at the University of Rostock.
2000 Postdoctoral university teaching qualification for "Biogeography".
1994 - 1999 Research Associate, Chair of Biogeography, University of Bayreuth.
1994 PhD supervised by Prof. Müller-Hohenstein.
1991 – 1994 Ecological expertises and consulting.
1992 – 1993 Research scientist at the Institute for Terrestrial Ecology (BITÖK), Bayreuth.
1989 - 1991 Employed at the german branch of 'Friends of the Earth' (Bund für Umwelt und Naturschutz, BUND).
1983 - 1988 Study of Geoecology at the University of Bayreuth.
Activities in Organizations, Memberships, etc.
• Speaker of the Working Group for Biogeography of the VGDH
• Member of the editorial board of Basic and Applied Ecology
• Member of the editorial board of Journal of Applied Vegetation Science
• Since February 2009 speaker FORKAST
• Since July 2006 speaker of GCE "Global Change Ecology"
• Member of various scientific organizations (Gesellschaft für Ökologie GfÖ, Verband der Geoökologen Deutschlands VGöD, International Association for Landscape Ecology, Sektion Deutschland IALE-D, Colloquium Historicum Wirsbergense CHW, Naturwissenschaftliche Gesellschaft Bayreuth)