If you want to do your doctorate in the doctoral program "Ecology and Environmental Research" (PEER) you need to hand in an application. This is normally done at the beginning of your doctoral studies. But also a later enrolment (" Quereinstieg") for doctoral students who already started their thesis project some time ago and a direct admission of master students with higher-than-average credits ( Fast-Track) are possible.
For the admission you need the confirmation of the advisor of your doctorate, who must be an authorized examiner (“prüfungsberechtigt”). Two further mentors should be agreed upon before applying for PEER.
These are the documents needed for the application:
- Admission form with signatures from candidate and advisor (is provided as pre-filled PDF when applying online)
- Letter of motivation
- Confirmation of the mentoring committee (automatically requested when applying online)
- Master degree or diploma certificate including transcript of records (copies either legally attested or signed by the dean’s office after presenting original certificates)
- If all examinations have been passed but the certificate is still missing: confirmation with complete transcript of recorsd
- For foreign diplomas: equivalence test (further information available from the dean’s office)
- For Fast-Track access: documents as outlined in the doctoral program
- For participants of the selection procedure: required documentation
The PEER executive committee and the Dean's office will evaluate content and formalities of your application, after this you will be admitted by the BayNAT director.